Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pocket PCs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pocket PCs

    I have been thinking long and hard about getting one. I would like to us it while I'm on the go and don't have access to my computer. I would like to do things as check email, use excel and the like. I would like one that I can use a modem with maybe and then have a wireless card for around the office.

    As anyone seen any good ones latly the best one I can find is

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...onics&n=596182
    Surrix.net: Computer help forums/articles

    The person in my avatar is Elisha Cuthbert she plays on Fox's 24

  • #2
    Many are pretty much the same. Just be sure that:
    • It's not a crappy Compaq
    • It has built-in 802.11b
    • It's running PPC 2003 ("Windows Mobile")
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by filburt1
      Many are pretty much the same. Just be sure that:
      • It's not a crappy Compaq
      • It has built-in 802.11b
      • It's running PPC 2003 ("Windows Mobile")
      Personally, I like my iPaq, though it says HP on it instead of Compaq. I would also suggest you get a unit with CF AND SDIO slots so you can have upgraded storage (SD) and still be able to use CF devices.
      vBulletin Developer since Dec 2000

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree with Freddie. I have an IPAQ 5150 and I love it . It's just the recognition of handwritten text that's driving me crazy, but besides that... .

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Freddie
          Personally, I like my iPaq, though it says HP on it instead of Compaq. I would also suggest you get a unit with CF AND SDIO slots so you can have upgraded storage (SD) and still be able to use CF devices.
          Of course it was an opinion; I've used numerous iPaqs in the past and they seemed to be terrible to me--always locking up, slippery metal so you can't hold them, required ridiculously expensive expansion sleds to add cards to it, etc.

          I have a Cassiopeia E-125 running PPC2000 that I bought off eBay to which I added a Wifi CF card. With the exception of being a bit slow, I fell that it is a great purchase.
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

          Comment


          • #6
            We have iPaw 2210's at work and they are great. They don't have building 802.11x though.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by filburt1
              Many are pretty much the same. Just be sure that:
              • It's not a crappy Compaq
              • It has built-in 802.11b
              • It's running PPC 2003 ("Windows Mobile")
              Time to catchup Filburt1 No more "Compaq" PDA's..

              As for the iPaq, which you were probably refering to, they are what everyone else is trying to be, on top.. Rated and proven.

              I've had Palms, Sony, Dell's Axim but the iPaq's usually outperform and feature them hands down. They are often a bit on the pricey side, but if you like full features and a proven platform, then you can't complain.. Unless you have had one smoke on you, which I will admit has happend once to me, but was quickly replaced by the store I bought it from.

              I just sold my iPaq h4150 because I got a h5550. Both of them had no problem recognizing both bluetooth and my 802.11b router.. Those are definite options to have.. Also, Windows 2003 'mobile'

              www.newegg.com has some great prices on PDA's by the way.

              Comment


              • #8
                Of course, the above post was just my opinion too..

                PS. I really liked the small size of the h4150 but it not being compat. with most of the ipaq sleeves was a bummer..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dfrisk
                  Time to catchup Filburt1 No more "Compaq" PDA's..

                  As for the iPaq, which you were probably refering to, they are what everyone else is trying to be, on top.. Rated and proven.

                  I've had Palms, Sony, Dell's Axim but the iPaq's usually outperform and feature them hands down. They are often a bit on the pricey side, but if you like full features and a proven platform, then you can't complain.. Unless you have had one smoke on you, which I will admit has happend once to me, but was quickly replaced by the store I bought it from.

                  I just sold my iPaq h4150 because I got a h5550. Both of them had no problem recognizing both bluetooth and my 802.11b router.. Those are definite options to have.. Also, Windows 2003 'mobile'

                  www.newegg.com has some great prices on PDA's by the way.
                  I have actually been looking at Dell's Axim and really like it. I was thinking about the one with built in wireless and then buying a modem for those times when I'm away from home and need to check up. Have you had good experinces with Dell's Axim?
                  Surrix.net: Computer help forums/articles

                  The person in my avatar is Elisha Cuthbert she plays on Fox's 24

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X