• Show
Clear All
  • George L
    Former vBulletin Support
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

Keanu Reeves gives away $125million!

how's this for generousity

Catch up on the latest entertainment news. From the best celebrity gossip and red carpet fashion to TV & movie reviews and award shows, news.com.au has it all.

HONORARY Sydneysider Keanu Reeves has earned himself the reputation of Hollywood's most generous star after reportedly deciding to give away $125 million in profits from the two Matrix sequels.
    The lucky recipients are said to be the effects and costume designers who worked on the movies which shot in Sydney.

According to the Mirror, under his contract for the sequels, Reeves is entitled to 15 per cent of box office takings or $50 million (whichever is the greater) for The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions.

Latest estimates suggest the Matrix movies could earn up to $500 million each, putting Reeves take at $175 million.

"Money is the last thing I think about," Reeves said. "I could live on what I've already made for the next few centuries."

Among those who could benefit from Reeves' largesse is Australian costume designer Kym Barrett, who was recently tagged in the US as the "fashion world's most influential unknown" for her Matrix work.

She designed the costumes for the all three Matrix movies.

Given her designs for the inhabitants of Zion are now finding their way on to the streets, Confidential hopes she's been well looked after.

His co-star Jada Pinkett Smith has described Reeves generosity as "overwhelming".

Reeves reportedly surprised the stuntmen working on the film by giving them each a Harley Davidson. Not only that, when production on the sequels wrapped, he gave each crew member a bottle of vintage '93 Dom Perignon.

The Daily Telegraph
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]
  • Chen
    • Jun 2001

He also gave like 12 people who worked with him on the Smiths scene a Harley each...
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• merk
      • Jul 2001

Originally posted by Chen
      He also gave like 12 people who worked with him on the Smiths scene a Harley each...
      Tis quite amazing

hes my hero~

PS. Just got the "Art of the Matrix" book with full script and storyboards of the first film, simply amazing.

Comment

• bigmattyh
        • Apr 2001

Very cool, especially coming from someone so high-profile.

I've lived around rich people all my life, and they're almost always very generous people. It's just the crooks like the Enron guys and the spoiled brat divas (like J-Lo, who spends $10,000 to get her eyebrows waxed) who give them a bad name.
        iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

• Chen
          • Jun 2001

I think their generosity also helps their own souls. If you get used to being rich and having whatever you want, eventually you'll be very depressed when you're "out" and don't make as much money.
          Chen Avinadav
          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• Arkham
            • Mar 2001
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by bigmattyh
            It's just the crooks like the Enron guys and the spoiled brat divas (like J-Lo, who spends $10,000 to get her eyebrows waxed) who give them a bad name.
            Heh, he was a spoiled brat when I worked on a movie with him in 1984. In Disney's Young Again he played Robert Urich as a teenage high school (ours) basketball star when he woke up one day, um, young again.

Guys on the basketball team wanted to pound him, the crew was visibly sick of him, and the director yelled at him a couple times for goofing off. So, whenever I see Neo I just think of a cocky teenager with a bad case of back-ne.

Looks like he's been humbled over the years. Amazing what 20 years and half a billion dollars'll do to ya!

Comment

• snyx
              • Aug 2000
              • 3.5.x

at first glance it sure makes him out to be a hollywood hero, but read a little deeper and it pains me to think keanu did this on his own generious behalf. nobody thinks that he has many many agents (no pun intended) sales reps, managers, and accountants working for him advicing him on what would be in his best interests? I mean in showbiz its not only the how you look in movies, but how you look in public?
              MSN: [email protected] | MAIL: [email protected] | FOLIO: mholman.com

Comment

• Bane
                • Jul 2000

Originally posted by snyx
                at first glance it sure makes him out to be a hollywood hero, but read a little deeper and it pains me to think keanu did this on his own generious behalf. nobody thinks that he has many many agents (no pun intended) sales reps, managers, and accountants working for him advicing him on what would be in his best interests? I mean in showbiz its not only the how you look in movies, but how you look in public?
                Yeah, and giving away 175 million dollars just for a good story on how generous you are is a fantastic move, especially when you could get the same press from buying them a car each or something.

Comment

• MarkB
                  • Apr 2001

Ya want a bucket to catch all that dripping sarcasm? LOL

Comment

• Bane
                    • Jul 2000

Originally posted by MarkB
                    Ya want a bucket to catch all that dripping sarcasm? LOL
                    And another for the drool from the thought of someone handing me that much cash.

Comment

• bigmattyh
                      • Apr 2001

Originally posted by Arkham
                      Looks like he's been humbled over the years. Amazing what 20 years and half a billion dollars'll do to ya!
                      Great quote.
                      iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

• tgillespie
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 3.7.x

Isnt that fella gay? Dosn't matter to me, Id take the money even if he was a crossdresser.

And I apologize for the spam.
                        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          Former Customer Support Manager
                          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by tgillespie
                          Isnt that fella gay? Dosn't matter to me, Id take the money even if he was a crossdresser.
                          If it doesn't matter to you, then why bring it up at all?
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tgillespie
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                            If it doesn't matter to you, then why bring it up at all?
                            As I said

And I apologize for the spam.

And I apologize to Steve. Well, I guess I do
                            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...