Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chitman
    • Mar 2001

please revise this small essay

Thanx a lot to the both of you... I really appreciate your help.
    Last edited by Chitman; Wed 23 Oct '02, 7:18pm.
  • Andy Z
    • Nov 2001

OK:
    • Never start a sentecne with "but", "and", or "because" (you can start a sentence w/ because, if you know what you're doing.)
    • Indent the first line of every paragraph.
    • Dont't list items using ":". Use transistions (firstly, secondly, lastly, etc.)
    • Do not use contractions, abbreviations, dead words, run on sentences, or comma splices.

Not all of the following was found in your paper above, and the rules I listed are for formal essays (which should be at least 3 pages).

* Goes back to compare/contrast essay, due tomorrow. *
    - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

• CeleronXT
      • Mar 2002

Some techniques that I use to reduce stress: Making music, weight lifting, and praying.
      I would definetly fix that line, as it's not even a sentence like that. I would go more along the lines of "Making music, lifting weights, and praying are some techniques that I use to reduce stress."
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...