Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad Padgett
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.1.x

Computer Chat vbSEO and other options available?

I want to install a primary SEO plugin to vbulletin 5 connect.

As vbSEO is no longer available to the public, I'm requesting info on other options.

I'm even willing to pay if the plugin is worth the value.

What other options do I have?
    "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Your best bet is to ask on vbulletin.org, however I'm not aware of any SEO plugins for vB5.

As an aside...you really DON'T need SEO plugins for vBulletin. Maybe ten years ago they had some value, but not today. You're just adding unnecessary cost and complications down the line....look at the situation with vBSEO itself. They ceased trading, leaving sites running an outdated, insecure plugin, the removal of which causes the site URLs to change and thus messes up all your search engine results.

MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Brad Padgett
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
      Your best bet is to ask on vbulletin.org, however I'm not aware of any SEO plugins for vB5.

As an aside...you really DON'T need SEO plugins for vBulletin. Maybe ten years ago they had some value, but not today. You're just adding unnecessary cost and complications down the line....look at the situation with vBSEO itself. They ceased trading, leaving sites running an outdated, insecure plugin, the removal of which causes the site URLs to change and thus messes up all your search engine results.

Thanks for the reply.

I only assume some type of SEO work would be a good idea if affordable.

I'm also taking it that what your saying is vb5 is actually SEO friendly, which I am a new customer so it will be soon that I will realize just how effective it is.

Were just starting to get content up recently so hopefully you are right.
      "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• webmastersun
        • Oct 2013
        • 4.2.X

Why must use SEO plugins for Vbulletin, it's not necessary
        I didn't use any SEO plugins or Addons on my forum but more keywords still on top or first page of Google
        Best Internet Marketing Forum & Webmaster Forum for webmasters and Internet Marketers discussing and trading!

Comment

• Brad Padgett
          • Jul 2014
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by webmastersun
          Why must use SEO plugins for Vbulletin, it's not necessary
          I didn't use any SEO plugins or Addons on my forum but more keywords still on top or first page of Google

Yeah mines in second place on yahoo and all you have to do is type in "the xbox cloud" which is very common to xbox.

I'm not doing too well with google though.

But I don't have content yet. I expect to see good results soon.

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by TheXboxCloud

Yeah mines in second place on yahoo and all you have to do is type in "the xbox cloud" which is very common to xbox.

I'm not doing too well with google though.

But I don't have content yet. I expect to see good results soon.
            This is your issue. You don't have any content yet.

Don't waste money on "SEO plugins". Google isn't going to index you until there's something to index, ignore all the fraudsters telling you that if you pay them they can get you into Google regardless. It's a scam.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------

Comment

• Brad Padgett
              • Jul 2014
              • 5.1.x

This is your issue. You don't have any content yet.

Don't waste money on "SEO plugins". Google isn't going to index you until there's something to index, ignore all the fraudsters telling you that if you pay them they can get you into Google regardless. It's a scam.

Yeah I can assume that it will be indexed quite well with the place I've already obtained on yahoo without even having content.

I never thought of it as a scam. More or less I assumed there was a real technique.

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

Originally posted by TheXboxCloud

Yeah I can assume that it will be indexed quite well with the place I've already obtained on yahoo without even having content.

I never thought of it as a scam. More or less I assumed there was a real technique.
                Most of it is smoke and mirrors.

I'd recommend setting up the built in sitemap feature and submitting it to Google. That does generally help.
                Other than that, it's all about content, and making it relevant. Utilise things like thread tagging and have the tag cloud on your front page. Try and make thread titles relevant (difficult when it is often isn't you posting them), and get some articles up on the articles page. Articles are a great way to improve ranking, as long as they are relevant to your niche. Again make sure they are properly tagged.

Given your niche, when there is news in your industry, get an article up quickly that covers everything people need to know, with proper tagging.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------

Comment

• Brad Padgett
                  • Jul 2014
                  • 5.1.x

Most of it is smoke and mirrors.

I'd recommend setting up the built in sitemap feature and submitting it to Google. That does generally help.
                  Other than that, it's all about content, and making it relevant. Utilise things like thread tagging and have the tag cloud on your front page. Try and make thread titles relevant (difficult when it is often isn't you posting them), and get some articles up on the articles page. Articles are a great way to improve ranking, as long as they are relevant to your niche. Again make sure they are properly tagged.

Given your niche, when there is news in your industry, get an article up quickly that covers everything people need to know, with proper tagging.

Good advice. I'll give it a try.

Comment