Do you know anything about color management?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

Computer Chat Do you know anything about color management?

This has nothing to do with vBulletin, but since this Chit Chat section is pretty orphaned right now and some of you do have way more experience on technical stuff than I do, I thought: "Why not give this a try?" So here we go...

Whenever I do some screenshots (of my desktop, in games, of applications) the colors that can be seen in the screenshot are not the same like the ones I see on my monitor. It doesn't matter if I paste the screenshot in Photoshop or Paint, by default all of the colors are kind of "warm" (they have a lot of red in it). On my monitor I prefer "colder" colors as they look much more natural to me. Grey is grey (and not some "orange-grey"), blue is blue and so on. Now I wonder: Why are all my screenshots of such "weird" color? In Photoshop I can correct this by enabling View > Colorproof, but that can't be the solution to this, right?

The following screenshot gives a good example of how it looks on my monitor and how it does in screenshots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	color-comparison.png
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	4073121

So... what am I doing wrong?
  • Quillz
    • Nov 2004
    • 5.0.X

You can try changing the gamma settings on your display. Windows uses 1.8 while Macintosh uses 2.2 (I think, I might have the numbers wrong).
    Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...