Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MS1029
    • Dec 2009

Problem on Forum

Hey guys, I used to go to oddworldforums.net as MeechShrykull1029. Then, my brother made a very similar account, and all the admins thought that it was a dupe account I made. Everyone (including the admins) starting flaming me and calling me a complete idiot despite the fact that it was against the rules, so I created another account, because I couldn't stay with that account. Then, I was bored, and created another account, ad they IP banned me, so I had to make new accounts using proxies. Every one of them ended up banned, but sometimes not before being thoroughly flamed by every active member, and everytime I defended myself, they accused me of flaming and said that I shouldn't do it despite the fact that they flamed me themselves. I gave up and created an account to report every post that was flaming me. Anyway, what's up with this sort of favoritism. I got banned for some dupe accounts (some of which weren't even dupe accounts!) while one of the admins not only has a dupe account himself, but also keeps boosting the account's rep, so it stays on the top of the Member List when you sort it by reputation. Every time another member comes close to the account with rep, the admin adds about 1000 more rep. Also, the admins gave my original account a humiliating custom title saying that I'm the account that was actually my brother's. And judging by what they post about me, they try to make me look more stupid and useless than I actually am by lying to the rest of the forum (ie after I helped them by sending them a link with Oddworld news they referred to me as an "anonymous source") I'm sick of this kind of treatment, and this is the only active Oddworld community on the Internet.
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Rest for awhile.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• anthonyparsons
      • Mar 2005

And here you are on this forum complaining it... Irony or not!

Comment

• Bames
        • Dec 2009

what does flaming and proxie mean?

Comment

• Shamil.
          • Feb 2008
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Bames
          what does flaming and proxie mean?
          Flaming 8=> having a go at someone -> argument
          Proxie -> Proxy 8=> a resource whereby your traffic is diverted through, hence hiding your IP and other details from the destination server.
          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
          vBulletin Hosting and Services
          Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• MS1029
            • Dec 2009

Seriously, after they made me look like a complete idiot for something I didn't do, they gave me a humiliating custom title for trying to prove that my brother's account wasn't really me. THAT'S ABUSE OF POWER. Did I really have a choice of not making dupes when my original account was so humiliated?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

If you have any issues with another website, then you need to take it up with them - this is not the place.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• MS1029
                • Dec 2009

One of the admins is on this forum...his name is Alcar.

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Doesn't matter. Its their house, their home and their rules. We have no say over this.

Comment

• MS1029
                    • Dec 2009

I'm sorry for replying to this thread, but it just got linked on the aforementioned oddworldforums.net, so I am using it to make another post.
                    Recently, I've looked back at the posts I've made on my previous accounts, especially a certain account called BlowCo Bonesaw, and I cringed at what a ****ing retard I was in the past. Although it was wrong of the admins of oddworld forums to accuse me of being my brother, I have indeed deserved much of the treatment that I've got from the community. OWF, apart from being the only active Oddworld community on the Internet, is also a truly wonderful community with plenty of intelligent members, and I would behave just like them if someone acted as much of a ****ing retard as I did back then. I also feel bad for being a complete attention whore in the past by revealing myself. No doubt you will claim I'm an attention whore for making this post, but this post serves one and only one purpose, which is to tell Nathan Rose what a complete ****ing **** he is.
                    Going back to the attention-seeking posts I've made, I've blamed the entire OWF community for putting me down, when it was in fact their reaction to me putting myself down by acting like a complete idiot. I now realize what my mistake was: I was projecting on the entire Oddworld community what only Nate and Nate alone was responsible. Other people did indeed mock me but that was because I was a ****ing idiot and easily enraged. Max the Mug and Alcar each had their role in banning my accounts, but considering the amount of rules I broke they had the full right to do that. It was only Nate that went out of his way to humiliate me. When I registered the Gorman Disenza account quite recently, I didn't put much effort into disguising my identity; hell, Gorman Disenza was ironically the name of the infraction that permabanned my original account. The reason for that is because I believed what I have been told by the community multiple times, that no one gives a **** about multis lurking in the community, and as it has been almost a year since my last attempt, the administration wouldn't put much effort into catching me. Once again, sadly, I was making an incorrect generalization. The community as a whole does indeed not care when a member turns out to be me. Nate does. You may think my accusation is some assumption of self-importance, but it is not. I realize that I am simply someone who has acted like an idiot in the past, and now wish to return. Nate does not. He makes me into some sort of an arch-nemesis to be defeated and put down at all costs. I wish it were not like that and that Nate grew out of such immaturity, but that is sadly not so. Nate's obsession with banning me, and more so, making it as public as possible (attention whore much?) is just as great, if not greater than my wish to return, but at least I have a reasonable goal in returning. I am, after all, a die-hard Oddworld fan, and I have to admit that I've grown attached to the community. Nate, on the other hand, has a completely unreasonable obsession with not only banning me, but humiliating me as much as possible, and that is what makes him such a ****ing ****.
                    That is all. I will of course continue my attempts to return to OWF for reasons mentioned above. But I will not be making a single further post in this thread. It has served its purpose.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...