Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dkon26
    • Jul 2007
    • 3.7.x

Same thing happening to me with the latest FF version, flash 10 installed and default install. Resorting back to IE 8 since its working fine! Never would have thought IE and FF would have changed places!

Comment

• ManagerJosh
      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      FWIW I stopped using FF3 on my Mac last week because or frequent crashes. Somehow it even manages to make the Mac OS unstable, which is pretty hard to do.

Also using no extensions.
      I wouldn't let Firefox touch my mac in the first place. I rather use Safari. -_-
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Nunymare889
        • Aug 2006
        • 3.0.10+

Google Chrome all the way.

Comment

• dkon26
          • Jul 2007
          • 3.7.x

Google chrome is nothing more than a tool for google to show their ads.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

{useragent}: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4pre) Gecko/20090330 Shiretoko/3.5b4pre

FireFox 3.5 is really nice on the Mac, I enjoy it, even as a beta. It's way more stable than my experience with FireFox 2.0 and it's faster than 3.0 and doesn't feel as buggy.

I do not know if 3.0.8 is now more mature and less buggy, but these nightly builds are just fine and work great.

I have maaaaany tabs open, do many things, with flash and java / js on it, etc. and doesn't crash. Maybe like .. once a month, if at all.

Comment

• Yves R.
              vBulletin QA
              • Nov 2003
              • 5.6.X

Same thing. And if it crashes, it's with some websites. Just sending a crash report and in 1-2 days, it's fixed

I edited all of my add-ons to work with this version and all works like a charm (Firefug 1.4 alpha, Adblock and any other)

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Floris
                I do not know if 3.0.8 is now more mature and less buggy, but these nightly builds are just fine and work great.
                I have Firefox 3.0.8 set up as Auto-start in Windows 7 and I don't close it until I reboot Windows. Right now this is every 7 to 10 days. Haven't had any problems.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

That's cool to hear. Because I kept hearing that despite it being version 3, people still were having issues with ram crawling to a 512mb or more, becoming a hog on their performance, etc. I will upgrade my Powerbook to 3.0.8 - it's still on 2.0 because I am lazy I mainly use Safari on the Powerbook.

Comment

• ElizeF
                    • May 2008
                    • 3.7.x

When I used Firefox it crashed my machine while I was doing posts on my forum.
                    I became desperate to post so I did my posts in a a word document and then I cut & paste it into a new thread.
                    Needless to say Google Chrome has NOT CRASHED my machine even once.

Comment

• Razasharp
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 3.7.x

Well I just downloaded the latest version of Chrome - and have to say I like it lot! It will be the browser I recommend for computer nubes and those who just want a simple browser that gets the job done nicely.

Now only if it had mouse gestures... a wand for passwords, and maybe allow you to customise the layout with a personal bar etc...
                      What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• Mazinger
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 3.7.x

I'm really confused to see some people here recommending Google Chrome over Firefox and Opera. Isn't it still beta?
                        $post[signature]

Comment

• jeffinj
                          • Apr 2006

I used to be a big fan of Firefox until recently when it started crashing on my pc. I still use FF out of loyalty for the software but I am starting to like Google Chrome now. Chrome loads very fast. Never had problems with it.
                          www.christianforumsite.com
                          sigpic

Comment

• Razasharp
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 3.7.x

Doesn't say anything about it being beta here http://www.google.co.uk/chrome

Opera is still my first choice - it's light years ahead of the other browsers imo.
                            What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• aussiefooty
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 6.0.X

Maybe it's your pc.
                              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                              Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Theater
                                • Jun 2003

FireFox won't even open after the 3.0.8 update. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, and it's just not working for me. I bet if I go through the registry and remove all the leftover entries and then try a reinstall that it'd work. I'm just going to wait until the next update. Hello Opera, may I have this seat?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...