X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stalker15
    • Jun 2005

Need advice.

Ok I need some very important advice... Ok to start of with the first 2 years of my life I was abused. My grandparents save me and I have lived with them sence I was 2. They are very very religious. My grandpaw is ok but my grandmaw is a little wierd... I went to private school till 3rd grade. Then my grandmaw talked me in to homeschooling. And I have homeschooled for 5 or 6 years. I hate it. But everytime I ask my grandmaw to go to school she sais NO. I live by the school and a park... I got to the park to play basketball. I have played some highschool players from the highschool and have been asked to join the team next year. I have been told by a few that I could possibly get basketball scholarship. But my grandmaw will not listen. But I am going to get my grandpaw to make her let me go this year.

When I did go to school I was quiet populer. Homeschool as made me very anti social yet I do get along pretty good with people from school. I have no real friends. My grandmother spends alot of money getting me whatever I want. Its pretty cool but I think she does it to keep my occupied from other people my age. Its worked for most of my life but I dont want nothing that money can buy now. My dad still visits me every week. Hes cool but im going to sue him for back child support I think.

Anyways here the complicated part. I went on vaction a few months ago. I met the perfect girl. She lives 1000 miles away. Now my family is I guess lower middle class. I have almost no money and im getting my first job this summer. I have or want to save as much money as I can buy a bus ticket and run away to were she lives. Basically enough money for me to last long enough to find a job. I would be risking alot. And not come back to my family. (A new life)

What would you do?

1. Stay here go to highschool and get a scholarship in basketball.
    2. Run away with almost no money risking everything for the perfect girl/guy.

Im 16 I would run away on my 17th birthday,
  • Cloud Strife
    • Jun 2002
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Go to highschool etc.

Comment

• Martz
      • Apr 2001

Uh, so you register on vBulletin.com today, and ask a group of strangers for the most important advice in your life in your first post?

I call troll!
      HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
      -
      Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

• welo
        • Sep 2003
        • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Originally posted by Martz
        Uh, so you register on vBulletin.com today, and ask a group of strangers for the most important advice in your life in your first post?
        Yeah... something doesn't quite feel right about that one. A semi-clever college student or reporter trying to drum up semi-accurate info for a paper or article? Might as well have used the tried-and-true "my friend has this problem..." approach and posted a poll.
        "I can't seem to bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.'
        It isn't that I can't toddle. It's that I can't guess I'll toddle."

--Robert Benchley (1889-1945)

Comment

• stalker15
          • Jun 2005

Why does it matter? I just want opinions on what other people would do...

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Running away is not the solution, especially not for someone else. Be there for yourself in the first place, and in the long run your education will give you better results in life.

Comment

• vbcore
              • Sep 2004

Wait, your 24 and still in highschool?

Comment

• Nukey
                • Apr 2005

His profile says 24, but he said 16 in his post

Comment

• JPT62089
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 3.6.x

I would say stay in school get a good education including college and then try to find that girl...
                  http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

• Nukey
                    • Apr 2005

I also agree that running away is not the solution to your problems. Continue with your education and then move out on your own.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                      • Jun 2002

I sorta think this is a troll.. -_-"

*puts up a do not feed troll sign*
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...