Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running ISO's without using CD's?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Running ISO's without using CD's?

    Hey,

    Does anyone know how to run an ISO without having to burn them onto CD?
    I've been looking for software that could do what I'm looking for, but I can't find anything.

    Thanks.

  • #2
    http://www.alcohol-software.com/

    It is a burning proggie, but you can make Fake CD drives and put an ISO/BIN image from your hard drive into the fak drive.

    Comment


    • #3
      or you can use winrar and extract the iso to a folder and run it that way

      Comment


      • #4
        http://www.daemon-tools.cc
        Best program to do exactly what you want to do.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks. I only needed to check a few files in my Red Hat Fedora ISO's. So WinRAR is all I will need to use.

          Comment


          • #6
            There is a good program called ISOBuster

            Comment


            • #7
              I use daemon-tools

              Make an ISO and then the cd's and the boxes get put in the cupboard, none of this fiddling with cd cases when playing a game.
              Scott MacVicar

              My Blog | Twitter

              Comment


              • #8
                Alcohol and nero can do this www.winiso.com is another program to extract ISO's for reference.
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

                Comment


                • #9
                  Another vote for Daemon Tools.

                  I don't see the point in buying Alcohol 120% when Daemon Tools can do the exact same thing for free.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Phrozen212
                    http://www.daemon-tools.cc
                    Best program to do exactly what you want to do.
                    Agreed, although I have had the rare CD that would not rip or mount properly within DAEMON Tools. Still, saves my CDs from getting destroyed from the extremely annoying CD-in-drive-check that every game nowadays seems to need.
                    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Naa i say WinImage would be the best, dont even need to be installed, its just a exe you run, change the bottom file type so it knows your looking to open and .ISO, click the ISO and extract, you can also just extract certain files as in my screenshot.
                      But yes Winrar is great for it also, but i dont know how it handles long filenames.
                      Attached Files
                      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                      Microsoft Beta Team

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
                        Naa i say WinImage would be the best, dont even need to be installed, its just a exe you run, change the bottom file type so it knows your looking to open and .ISO, click the ISO and extract, you can also just extract certain files as in my screenshot.
                        But yes Winrar is great for it also, but i dont know how it handles long filenames.
                        Not as powerful as DAEMON Tools or ISO Buster though
                        Webmaster / Administrator
                        www.MegaGames.com
                        www.MGForums.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Vile
                          Not as powerful as DAEMON Tools or ISO Buster though
                          Doe's the Job, just like Binchunker works great for .bin files
                          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                          Microsoft Beta Team

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X