Flowplayer Video Embed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Edwin Brown
    started a blog post Flowplayer Video Embed

Flowplayer Video Embed

One of the posts on my previous blog said the community likes Flowplayer (http://flowplayer.org), and that was the player that looked good to me. To embed a video using Flowplayer in a widget, I did the following:
    • Download the open-source player.
    • Create a folder /flowplayer under my installation home
    • Put flowplayer.swf, flowplayer.controls-3.2.1.swf, and flowplayer-3.2.2.min.js in this folder
    • Create a static html widget and call it "Flowplayer Test".
    • Paste in the code below and save.
    • Drop the new widget into a layout.

And I had a player. When I get some time I'll try writing some javascript to show creating a short playlist for the user to select which video to play. For now you can create a playlist in Flowplayer and it will play those in succession. That's documented on their site.

And if you create a static page you can drop this exact code into the body and it will create the player there. You could also (with cms html permission) put it in an article.

I hope I've made my point now. If you have a video player you like and you know how to put that on an html page, it's trivial to put it in a static page or a widget.

The code for the example is copied straight from the Flowplayer example, edited for the path and to ensure a unique player name

Code:

• dprice
      dprice commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it working...however, when I create a CMS article and drop the widget on there, the page will only show one video window. If I put subsequent video widgets on the same CMS page, they dont show up..just a "This text will be replaced". What settings do I need to modify to stretch the page to hold all of the video widgets with jwplayer?http://www.ndec-tac.org/flowplayer1.png

• Edwin Brown
      Edwin Brown commented
      Editing a comment
      Hard to be certain, but I suspect the issue is the id. In the code above, see
      id="widget_player-1">
      That has to be unique. So make sure each widget has a unique ID and the code should work.

• dprice
      dprice commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I will give that a try
    Posting comments is disabled.