Embedded Video Player

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Edwin Brown
    started a blog post Embedded Video Player

Embedded Video Player

I recently saw a forum thread requesting that vBulletin included a CMS video player. Two players that were suggested are
    JW Player at http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player
    and OpenVideoPlayer at http://openvideoplayer.sourceforge.net/

First, JW Player. Using the static html widget this is already available. (By the way, from v404 pretty much anything you can put in a static html widget you can also put into a static page if you like.)

Here's what I did
    - Download the source code.
    - Unzip and upload the contents. I put the files in to a folder "/jwplayer".
    - Create a static HTML widget.
    - Upload the attached "movies.xml" file.
    - Include this as the contents. (This is of course copied from the JW website and edited to reflect the correct paths).

This text will be replaced

- Drop the widget onto your layout.
    And you have a working video player. You will need to edit the movies.xml file to reflect your video files of course.

Now OpenVideoPlayer isn't distributed as a player, rather as source code for someone to use to build a player. Since I currently have no need for a video player I'm not going to take the time to build one now, but I do intend to browse around a bit, and if I find another player I like I'll post instructions for using that the same way.

• syrus.xl
      syrus.xl commented
      Editing a comment
      @Edwin: I just noticed an issue in your coding. You need to add another parameter for wmode or any long DHTML menu drop-down will drop behind the actual flash player.

So, this parameter needs adding:
      Code:
      so.addParam('wmode','transparency');
      Just thought I would point that out..

• dprice
      dprice commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it figured out ...Great article

• rootsxrocks
      rootsxrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you put up a demo Or have you looked at this more Edwin,
      You have obviously been chained to the keyboard we haven't seen a new blog post in a while.
    Posting comments is disabled.