X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JustAsIAm
    • Mar 2024
    • 5.1.x

[CMS] YouTube URL is Showing

I was using the 4.0 version of vBulletin Suite and had created a new article that just contains a link to a youtube video (Using the "insert video" button).

since upgrading to 4.02 Patch Level 1, I am now having two problems with this.
    1. The youtube url is now showing below the video thumbnail. This only happens on any new article I add with a video link.
    2. If I edit an article with a video link in it, suddenly there are two thumbnails instead of one. And both have the youtube url under them. I then have to re-edit the article, nuke the entire content and re-put in the video link.

Ideas?
  • kontagio.us
    • Aug 2009

its not totally solved but this might help you

vBulletin Rules!

Comment

• JustAsIAm
      • Mar 2024
      • 5.1.x

That does not help. it still happens. This is new to 4.02. It was not happening in 4.0.

Also, what's with the double thumbnails?

Comment

• JustAsIAm
        • Mar 2024
        • 5.1.x

Is there ANY answer to this question?

This is a HUGE problem for me.

Comment

• cerberuz
          • May 2009
          • 3.8.x

Click image for larger version

Name:	previewbreak..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	3678247

It didnt work for me at first, what you need to do is use the advanced editior The A/A image in the top right corner, if you do it in the advanced editor you'll get a red line across the editied post as above, i just put this at the top and it get rids of the double thumbnails and youtube URL..

Hope this helps as it is an annoying bug..
          Last edited by cerberuz; Sun 7 Mar '10, 11:51am.

Comment

• JustAsIAm
            • Mar 2024
            • 5.1.x

I do not see any advanced editor? Where do I find it?

Comment

• JustAsIAm
              • Mar 2024
              • 5.1.x

Originally posted by cerberuz
              It didnt work for me at first, what you need to do is use the advanced editior The A/A image in the top right corner, if you do it in the advanced editor you'll get a red line across the editied post as above, i just put this at the top and it get rids of the double thumbnails and youtube URL..
              What I find is simpler, it just cut the youtube url, remove the entire video tag and re-do the video tag. This removes the double post, but we still have the youtube URL.

HOW DO WE GET RID OF THE YOUTUBE URL?

Comment

• JustAsIAm
                • Mar 2024
                • 5.1.x

Is there any answer on how to get rid of the youtube video link?

Comment

• JustAsIAm
                  • Mar 2024
                  • 5.1.x

Anybody? Anybody? This is a real frustrating problem.

Comment

• giovanni40223
                    • Jun 2008

there is an easy way to get rid of the url .. i did it on mine ...

just go to advance editor and erase what is on the inside and copy and paste what is in the actually video= part. I have highlighted in red. Hopefully this bug is fixed in next release but this works just as fine. I just added the color red bb so you could actually see the code ...take out the [copymiddle] parts. I had to do that to show you the code. But basically your video = " youtube;numbers" just copy and paste that part in the middle of the video brackets

[video=[copymiddle]youtube;uNxBeJNyAqA[copymiddle]][COLOR=Red]youtube;uNxBeJNyAqA[/COLOR][/video]

also your number 2 you just have to use advance editor and just delete on of them. I usually just type it all by hand and it is no problem in the advanced editor. Also i use Firefox. If i use IE it messes up sometimes go figure. But in FF works all the time just by typing it by hand or just adding it and then go into advance editor and cutting things out

also my video and pictures are bigger cause i edited them to look that way .

hope that helps out and your understand it.
                    Last edited by giovanni40223; Fri 12 Mar '10, 1:39pm.

Comment

• JustAsIAm
                      • Mar 2024
                      • 5.1.x

What "Advanced Editor" are you referring too? I do not see it.

Comment

• giovanni40223
                        • Jun 2008

see pic below ...disregard all the misspelling of words. It was a quick test.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by giovanni40223; Fri 12 Mar '10, 2:14pm.

Comment

• giovanni40223
                          • Jun 2008

I do not know why it is not showing but will try this way. Disregard the misspelling of words .
                          Attached Files

Comment

• JustAsIAm
                            • Mar 2024
                            • 5.1.x

Are you talking about that button in the upper-right corner of the article window? I push it and it makes the box bigger and smaller, but I do not see any other changes.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• giovanni40223
                              • Jun 2008

Yes that is it. You can barely see that there is any change but there is. Vbulletin should have made it better to show you it did . now just change the url that you have in that picture. Hint you can really tell what editor you are in if you click the button for image , one with tree, if you are in correct mode it will let you upload from computer or url. The key is both. If you are in standard mode , original one, it will only allow you to do url .
                              Also the advance mode will show you the actual BB code

example [color =red]

in normal mode it will just turn the color or text red and not show you the mark up

Comment