Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kontagio.us
    • Aug 2009

[CMS] Change Youtube Size on content.php

When I create a new article and insert a video it shows up okay. When I view the index page it shows up as a small thumbnail. I would like to be able to resize the thumbnail.

I tried changing the height and width in the bbcode template but it only applies to the article page not on the index.

I want to change the video size on the index page not the article page. Resize these (see picture.)

I found the template where you can edit this Edit Templates > vBulletin CMS Templates > vbcms_content_section_page but it seems to be a defined variable that I can't find.

I've had this problem since the first beta version of vBulletin 4. Does anyone know how to change this?
    vBulletin Rules!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Looks like it is the class ".showpreviewonly object" which shows the width being set by "{vb:stylevar vbcms_article_preview_object_size};" So, it's a stylevar.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• kontagio.us
      • Aug 2009

Thank you so much Lynne, I'll have to try it after work!!

How about removing the ... found beside the embeded video?
      vBulletin Rules!

Comment

• beatyourtruck
        • Jul 2005
        • 4.0.x

I am having trouble getting the resized thumbnail on the CMS home page. I changed the stylevar to 120 x 120 and it just shows the full version, and it overlaps my other articles! If I put the embed code in a table, I'll get a scroll bar at the bottom of the article preview. It looks like this in IE8 and Chrome.

Am I missing something? I am just pasting in the embed code from YouTube in the article.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BYTscreenshot-YT..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	3677941
        Have you Beat Your Truck today?

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by kontagio.us
          Thank you so much Lynne, I'll have to try it after work!!

How about removing the ... found beside the embeded video?
          I don't see what you are talking about. I don't have that on my site. Do you have an image of it?

Originally posted by beatyourtruck
          I am having trouble getting the resized thumbnail on the CMS home page. I changed the stylevar to 120 x 120 and it just shows the full version, and it overlaps my other articles! If I put the embed code in a table, I'll get a scroll bar at the bottom of the article preview. It looks like this in IE8 and Chrome.

Am I missing something? I am just pasting in the embed code from YouTube in the article.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42487[/ATTACH]
          We are not talking about using html. We are talking about using the vbulletin bbcode tag [ video ] to add in a youtube video.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• beatyourtruck
            • Jul 2005
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Lynne
            ...................We are not talking about using html. We are talking about using the vbulletin bbcode tag [ video ] to add in a youtube video.
            Well, that was easy enough! That was what I was doing wrong. Thanks Lynne! 8)
            Have you Beat Your Truck today?

Comment

• kontagio.us
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Lynne
              I don't see what you are talking about. I don't have that on my site. Do you have an image of it?
              Thanks the resizing of the video worked perfectly. If I add text it shows up before the "...."

Here is what it looks like now:

And it was up here until I resized the Youtube videos:

vBulletin Rules!

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Weird. I don't get those ... at all. I am running 4.0.2 on my test site though, so maybe it was changed? What you may want to try also, is go edit your article and put in a Preview Break after the text you want to see on that page. See if that gets your text posted instead of the ...

Comment

• kontagio.us
                  • Aug 2009

The preview break didn't seem to work. I'm trying to show no text only the video.

I know you can't say anything specific but how is 4.0.2?
                  vBulletin Rules!

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

I could probably be specific if I had a specific question. I haven't played with it a whole lot and actually, my verison is pre the version on here. I need to upgrade it. But, the major issues that got introduced in 4.0.1 (the first/last post issue, the go to first unread) are fixed. A lot more stylevars are introduced, including one to set the width for the smilies in the smilies box (something a lot of users wanted).

I still cannot get the ... to show. (But I did just cause it to do something very weird! Into the bug tracker I go...) OK, I did just get it to type some text and then end with ... But I can't get it to ONLY show ...

Comment

• kontagio.us
                      • Aug 2009

Try using a [video] code with no text, It might show only ...
                      vBulletin Rules!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...