X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • regulation-x
    • Nov 2008
    • 3.7.x

Problem with navbits

Here is an animated picture of my problem.

I want to remove the silver and gray around my navbits when I click anywhere on the forums, except the homepage.

I dont know what was happening when this happened, there are 3 admins coding. I just need a quick fix, thanks.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Definitely a style customization. Maybe this class:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Main CSS (in the menu) -> Navbar Text

Or one of these:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Main CSS (in the menu) -> First Alternating Color

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Main CSS (in the menu) -> Second Alternating Color

Or this template:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates -> navbar

Otherwise try some general troubleshooting. Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If the problem goes away on the default style then you know it's a style problem at which point you need to systematically revert your custom templates to isolate the problem.

Comment

• regulation-x
      • Nov 2008
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Definitely a style customization. Maybe this class:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Main CSS (in the menu) -> Navbar Text

Or one of these:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Main CSS (in the menu) -> First Alternating Color

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Main CSS (in the menu) -> Second Alternating Color

Or this template:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates -> navbar

Otherwise try some general troubleshooting. Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If the problem goes away on the default style then you know it's a style problem at which point you need to systematically revert your custom templates to isolate the problem.
      Its not in any of the ones you gave me, i searched everywhere in navbar. I even searched the entire template for the colors used, but none were found. The colors are never even used in the style. And I have a few other skins, none have that problem.

And how would I isolate certain templates of the style?

Btw thanks for the quick response.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

It's probably the navbar template, but to find out for sure, do this - vboptions > General Settings > Add Template Name in HTML Comments > set to Yes . Then go back to your page and view the source code and you will see the name of the template called around your part of the code.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• regulation-x
          • Nov 2008
          • 3.7.x

^Didnt understand you, what was I looking for in the source code?

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by regulation-x
            ^Didnt understand you, what was I looking for in the source code?
            You asked about isolating certain templates. I was trying to point out how to find the particular template with the problem. Then you could revert it if need be. (Although, as I said, I'm pretty sure that is just the navbar template.)

I'm sure the colors aren't in the template. They will be a class used. Get firebug, an addon for firefox, and you can easily see what is going on with the classes and colors there.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• regulation-x
              • Nov 2008
              • 3.7.x

How do i figure out what class it is, and how to remove/edit that class once i find out which 1 it is?

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

It will say the class in the source code.... or the template - something like - <td class="thisclass" ..... Or, as I said, you use firebug and it figures it out for you when you Inspect Element.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• regulation-x
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 3.7.x

Ok, i did it and it shows <td class="alt1" width="100%">

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Which is the First Alternating Color and you said you checked that. I'm not sure what else to suggest without being able to see the source code.

Comment

• regulation-x
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 3.7.x

I did check alt1. Nothing seems wrong with it

Since alt1 is the problem, and i cant see it, where else can I look for it?

Comment

• regulation-x
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 3.7.x

its not alt1 =/.

i just reverted the group. the 2 colors just turned white and black instead of gray and silver.

what else can this problem be?

Comment

• regulation-x
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 3.7.x

bump, i really need this fixed, its annoying me and my users.

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

Why don't you post a link to the site so we can actually see what is happening.

Comment

• regulation-x
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 3.7.x

The forumhome is fine, it doesnt show it. But once you click a thread or another subforum, the navbits turns like that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...