Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pope Viper
    • Mar 2006

NavBar Drop down

My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I'm having difficulty finding any related posts.

I've used this tutorial http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/newre...ote=1&p=769703 to create a new drop down on my navbar, It does appear on the navbar, however, when clicking on the menu, the drop down appears on the left side of the cell, rather than the center, like my other drop downs.

I can't seem to find the correct verbiage to resolve this.

I'd appreciate any direction.

here are the relevant bits.

Code:
    <td id="mypopupmenu" class="vbmenu_control"><a href="#mypopupmenu">MENU TITLE</a><script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("mypopupmenu"); </script></td>
    Code:
    <!-- mypopupmenu -->
        <div class="vbmenu_popup" id="mypopupmenu_menu" style="display:none;margin-top:3px" align="$stylevar[left]"><table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">

<tr><td class="thead">MENU TITLE</td></tr>        
            <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="URL">LINKED TEXT</a></td></tr>
            </table>
        </div>
        <!-- / mypopupmenu -->
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

That used to be the normal behavior, but I think it was changed starting in 3.7 or 3.8. I don't know exactly what code was changed.

Make sure you are running the latest version. And make sure you have uploaded all of the new clientscript files. Then try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If the problem goes away on the default style then you know it's a style problem at which point you need to systematically revert your custom templates to isolate the problem.

Comment

• -Om-
      • Apr 2008

I'd like to view this tutorial

But it says it's restricted? Any idea why I can't view it?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

That's not a valid URL.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...