Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason UK
    • Jun 2008

vBulletin + Clipshare + Wordpress

I currently have an SMF 1.1.5 forum and I plan to convert it over to vBulletin in the next couple of days. I am technically savvy enough to sort out server, space, database. Just a few other questions.

1) What will NOT be imported with your impex system?

2) Can vBulletin embed YouTube on a permissions basis?

3) Has anyone ever integrated ClipShare and vBulletin? Does this work?

4) We have a pretty successful blog. What we want to do now is have our Wordpress blog imported onto the front page of vbadvanced. Not bothered about userbase integration there. How likely are we to be able to import the entries, categories and comments?

5) If I was to go to leased for the first year, could I go owned from the second year onwards.

I set up a demo forum and played with it. vBulletin is pretty amazing to be honest. I came here expecting it to be a down step from SMF but I am happy to admit I am wrong. I only wanted to get from SMF because the lack of front page integration but fair play you got an amazing product. Thanks for reading.
  • gamestar
    • Apr 2005
    • 3.8.x

1) everything not described here:

2) Can vBulletin embed YouTube on a permissions basis?
    Not by default, but there is a very good modification available at vbulletin.org (for free if you got a vbulletin license). That can do this. It can be installed with the hook system, so you don't have to do any file edits.

3) No personal experience.

4) If you know some php, you could easily make a vbadvanced module that can do this. (vbadvanced is made by a seperate company, so vbulletin doesn't give support for this though)

5) Yes, but I think you will pay the full price. Imho, leased license aren't interesting priced.

Comment

• Jason UK
      • Jun 2008

Thanks for your responses dude. I will look into it right away. I think I will go with the owned license I have been going though these forums deeper. I can't imagine going away from vBulletin I just need something that integrates with the front page. Once again thanks for your help.

Comment

• Jason UK
        • Jun 2008

Wow I must be really stupid or else this software is doing something wrong. I imported all the SMF. Everything is fine except one thing.

Whenever I go to change a user's user group, it bans the user. I lift the ban and then go back to see the user and no changes were applied.

I am lost. I really am. It offers no reason why the user is banned, it doesn't hint at it and the firs time I see the ban is when I try to log in with that user. I am trying to make these changes with the admin account.

Comment

• Jason UK
          • Jun 2008

Ok this is weird. I had to add the user to a default vBulletin group and then add it to the imported SMF group.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

You need to open a thread in the appropriate support section for support with these issues.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...