Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Benito
    • Oct 2007

Impex - How do I

First of all I'm a Valid Licensed Customer, I downloaded Impex from my Member CP, When I downloaded it. I uploaded it and Edited the config.php There was no Config.PHP.NEW, It simply came as .PHP I then uploaded it all, So then I went to the Admin CP in vBulletin and clicked Import, And it gave me the error: ' Cannot find ImpExConfig.php, have you configured the file and renamed it'

I've tried everything, And I really need to transfer it from MyBB as I've a lot of UNHAPPY customers.
  • Dilly
    • Mar 2005

It didn't come as .php - it came as .php.new - i'd say your server is stripping the extension when you view it.

Easiest way to do it is to create a new file named config.php in that directory, and copy/paste the files contents over.

Comment

• Benito
      • Oct 2007

Even when I download it to my desktop it shows as CONFIG.PHP

Everywhere it shows as CONFIG.PHP

Comment

• Dilly
        • Mar 2005

If you had config.php you wouldn't be getting this error.

Comment

• Benito
          • Oct 2007

I do, Please listen to me.

When I go to Impex on my Desktop, And it shows as Config.PHP not php.new So I just upload it.

Comment

• Benito
            • Oct 2007

Would it be possible to get a refund? Because I've tried to move And you ****ing ass holes are not even helping me. I've just lost a whole ****ing community

Comment

• Dilly
              • Mar 2005

Not my fault you cannot follow instructions. Sorry.

As I said, you would not get this error if config.php existed.

I gave you instructions.
              Easiest way to do it is to create a new file named config.php in that directory, and copy/paste the files contents over.
              You ignored them. Your problem.
              Last edited by Dilly; Wed 24 Oct '07, 8:14pm.

Comment

• Benito
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Dilly
                Not my fault you are stupid. Sorry.

As I said, you would not get this error if config.php existed.

I gave you instructions.

You ignored them. Your problem.
                Doesn't work. Smart guy.

Comment

• Benito
                  • Oct 2007

Cannot find ImpExConfig.php, have you configured the file and renamed it ?

Comment

• Dilly
                    • Mar 2005

From the sounds of it, you edited config.php that was already uploaded.

If you had a file named ImpExConfig.php in the directory, you would not receive that error. Recheck the directory.

Comment

• Benito
                      • Oct 2007

Have you been listening? Thats the file I'm going on about.

Comment

• Dilly
                        • Mar 2005

Yes, you aren't making much sense though.
                        I uploaded it and Edited the config.php
                        Everywhere it shows as CONFIG.PHP
                        If you are editing config.php as you are stating, you are editing the wrong file. You need to edit ImpexConfig.php

Comment

• Benito
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Dilly
                          Yes, you aren't making much sense though.

If you are editing config.php as you are stating, you are editing the wrong file. You need to edit ImpexConfig.php
                          Yes, I edited the Impexconfig.php and It still says it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            Former Customer Support Manager
                            • Jul 2000

Config.php is the vB config file in the includes directory. It has nothing to do wwith Impex. As per the installation instructions it starts as config.php.new and you need to rename it to config.php. This is to avoid the problem of someone upgrading to a new version and overwriting thir config.php file.

As explained both in the Impex documentation and in several of your threads on this very same subject ImpExConfig.php.new is part of the Impex installaltion. It also needs to be renamed to remove the '.new', i.e. ImpExConfig.php.

You would not get that error if you renamed this file and it is in the correct impex directory.
                            Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Benito
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                              Config.php is the vB config file in the includes directory. It has nothing to do wwith Impex. As per the installation instructions it starts as config.php.new and you need to rename it to config.php. This is to avoid the problem of someone upgrading to a new version and overwriting thir config.php file.

As explained both in the Impex documentation and in several of your threads on this very same subject ImpExConfig.php.new is part of the Impex installaltion. It also needs to be renamed to remove the '.new', i.e. ImpExConfig.php.

You would not get that error if you renamed this file and it is in the correct impex directory.
                              Yes, I uploaded Impex and went into the Impex folder. And downloaded the IMPEXCONFIG.PHP Edited it. And then uploaded it. So what have I done wrong? Nothing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...