X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raimund
    • Jul 2001

How to rename thread title????

i have this problem, i edit the first post in a thread and rename the title, click save... message edited... fine, but the title in the forumdisplay is still the same old one, when i go into the thread, the title just direct above the message is the changed one, but above that where it shows the (like here) vBulletin Community Forum > vBulletin 2.0 > vBulletin 2.0 'How Do I' Questions > thread title, the title is still the old one.

is this a bug or am i doing something wrong? it does'nt matter if i edit a thread i started or another one...

please bare with me i have vbulletin since 3 days, i changed from ubb
  • Kier
    Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
    • Sep 2000

Raimund, please enter your customer number into your user profile

In answer to your question, in order to edit a thread title, you need to use the 'edit thread' option in the 'admin options' menu that appears near the bottom of each thread page.

Comment

• Raimund
      • Jul 2001

aaahaaaa, thanks kier, next time i know where to look

sorry about the customer number, i registered here before i bought vb

Comment

• sst
        • Mar 2002
        • 3.5.x

no edit thread in 2.3.4?

I have version 2.3.4; in the 'Admin Options', there is no 'Edit Thread' listed. Is there any way to rename thread titles in this version?

Thanking you in advance.
        ~ consciousness changes everything ~

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

This thread is over 3 years old!

As I said in the other thread you replied to (which was more than a year old by the way) there most certainly is an 'Edit Thread' option in the Admin Options box. You, of course, need to be logged in as Admin to see it. This assumes to that you have not modified the templates to remove this.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...