• Show
Clear All
  • David Copeland
    • May 2000

What is iframe traffic?

We received the following email offer:

QUOTE:

We buy iframe traffic:
    • Earn $0.085 ($85.00/1000 installs) and more for each unique iframe installs

• You only put the short one line iframe code on your page(s) and start to MAKE MONEY WITHOUT any Active-X console or any pop-ups...It means that you will not lose your unique visitors with our iframe!

• The best percentage of installs (10-40% from the total traff or it’s $4-$15 FOR 1000 UNIQUE VISITORS)

• DAILY updated soft

• Real-time statictic of your work

• Payment via: Fethard, Webmoney, Wire, E-gold and Western Union (WU)

• Friendly support service

DAVID COPELAND
    Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
    Celebrating 22 Years with VB
  • MGM
    • Aug 2002
    • 3.6.x

I really would not trust something like that... especially if it came randomly through email... sounds too much like spam to me...

But from what I gather, it sounds like you just add an iframe to your pc, and people who click something inside the iframe have to install some kind of program or activex component (or did they say there wont be activex?, thereby giving you the $.085...

MGM out

Comment

• DirectPixel
      • Jan 2002
      • 3.5.x

They want you to help them spread their spyware, by paying you $0.085 per infection.

What happens is that you put an <iframe> code that links to their page, which then uses either an exploit or a legitimate-but-sneaky means to install spyware onto basically everbody that visits your website.

Definitively not a great way to maintain customer loyalty.
      :)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...