Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CureTheItch
    • Apr 2004

Photoshop - Mass Resize?

I have about 100 photos the same size, that I'd like resize to the same size. Is there anyway to load all the photos in adobe photoshop, and have it do them auto?.. I really don't have time to sit and resize everyone lol..

thanks.
  • Sn2
    • Feb 2002
    • 3.5.x

You could try the image resizer there.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Doesn't Photoshop have actions and scripts that you can apply to an entire directory? I only have Photoshop Elements 2.0 and it has a batch processing command on the file menu that allows me to apply changes to entire directories of images with a few clicks.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Rolla
        • Jan 2005
        • 3.6.x

you could try using irfanview. it has a useful batch filter/resize option.

Comment

• daemon
          • Jun 2003
          • 3.5.x

Yup. It's really easy. Here's how you do it:

If you don't do this right, it will resize your original images. So, make sure you have a backup of them before you begin! You have been warned.
          1. Put all of the images you want to process into one directory then open any one of them in Photoshop. Then go to Window --> Actions to show the palette.
          2. At the bottom of the palette, click the small page-turning icon to create a new action. Give it a name and click [OK].
          3. Then at the bottom of this palette, click the small circle button ("Begin Recording"). This initiates a VCR-like functionality that will record all of your actions and store them so that they can be repeated on other images.
          4. Go to Image --> Image Size. Here, specify the new image size; you can change the select pop-ups for either the "Pixel Dimension" group or "Document Size" to change the units. Either one of those will resize it correctly. Click [OK] when you're done.
          5. Go to File --> Save As and save it to whatever location (you can specify a new folder) with the right format, compression, and output settings.
          6. Now go back to the Actions palette and click the small square button ("Stop Recording") to stop and save the recording.
          7. Close the currently opened image.
          8. You are now ready to automate the process, go to File --> Automate --> Batch. Set these settings:
            • Action: the action you just created
            • Source: Folder
            • Choose...: select the folder where your images to process are
            • Destination: Save and Close
            • Override Action "Save As" Command: No
          9. Click [OK] and let Photoshop process all your photos. When it finishes, all your images should be resized in a new folder (if you set that).
          Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

• CureTheItch
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by daemon

If you don't do this right, it will resize your original images. So, make sure you have a backup of them before you begin! You have been warned.
            1. Put all of the images you want to process into one directory then open any one of them in Photoshop. Then go to Window --> Actions to show the palette.
            2. At the bottom of the palette, click the small page-turning icon to create a new action. Give it a name and click [OK].
            3. Then at the bottom of this palette, click the small circle button ("Begin Recording"). This initiates a VCR-like functionality that will record all of your actions and store them so that they can be repeated on other images.
            4. Go to Image --> Image Size. Here, specify the new image size; you can change the select pop-ups for either the "Pixel Dimension" group or "Document Size" to change the units. Either one of those will resize it correctly. Click [OK] when you're done.
            5. Go to File --> Save As and save it to whatever location (you can specify a new folder) with the right format, compression, and output settings.
            6. Now go back to the Actions palette and click the small square button ("Stop Recording") to stop and save the recording.
            8. You are now ready to automate the process, go to File --> Automate --> Batch. Set these settings:
            9. Click [OK] and let Photoshop process all your photos. When it finishes, all your images should be resized in a new folder (if you set that).
            Wow thats neat.. Just what I needed.. Thanks so much for that, I'm going to bookmark it, haha.. Thanks again.

Comment

• ZeryabPhone
              • Jun 2005
              • 3.5.x

i use ACDSee have option to mass resize your pictures

Comment

• MRGTB
                • May 2005

You can open mass images in adobe photoshop by choosing to open an image and then using SHIFT + MOUSE CLICK to hightlight all the image then open them all at once in photoshop.

Comment

• DirectPixel
                  • Jan 2002
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by CureTheItch
                  Wow thats neat.. Just what I needed.. Thanks so much for that, I'm going to bookmark it, haha.. Thanks again.
                  In addition to resizing, the steps described above can be used to do just about anything in Photoshop on a large-scale basis.

It's great for working with vBulletin button sets.
                  :)

Comment

• augmented
                    • Sep 2005

I use Fireworks

Comment

• Chris C.
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2006

were do you get photoshop? is it free?

Comment

• Colin F
                        • May 2004

No, it's a paid software by Adobe.
                        Best Regards
                        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Chris C.
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2006

ok then i prolley wont get it

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Chris C.
                            were do you get photoshop? is it free?
                            You can use Google.com to find most answers to your questions.

Comment

• daiver
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by daemon

Thank you. I googled for "photoshop mass resize" because I knew
                              it was possible but didn't know exactly how to do it. Funny how all roads lead to vBulletin =P

Comment