Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

PHP, HTML, CODE Box size

Is there anyway to make these 3 boxes so they are larger in width. Maybe about 90%.

I've tired using both "auto" and "100%" in the width for bbcode, but it goes of the screen if you have some wide code in the box using both them methods and streches your template.

Is there any method were it will stay at that 90% width and just add a scroll bar like it does now, but not break the template and keep at 90% in the post box
    Last edited by MRGTB; Tue 14 Feb '06, 4:12pm.
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

In your Style Manager, edit the 'Code Block Width (pixels)' value in the StyleVars.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• MRGTB
      • May 2005

What I wanted to do really was make all the vBcode boxes the same as the QUOTE box, that being the HTML, PHP and CODE boxes. The trouble with using a pixel width for them is you really can't use that method to go full width like the quote box for example which is what I wanted to do.

Plus using pixel width, means if long code is added in the code box for example. It will not shrink correctly if you reduce the screen size, instead it will mess the template up and go of the screen.

Which is why I wanted to know if there is anyway to make them act the same as the quote box, were they are full screen width and will not break the template when reduced in size - coming in-line to fit the screen and show a slider in the code box.

The pixel width will work fine I suppose if your using a fixed width template becuase it doesn't matter about screen re-sizing then. But that's not the case when using a fluid style and a pixel width for them.
      Last edited by MRGTB; Sat 18 Feb '06, 7:16pm.

Comment

• TheMusicMan
        • Oct 2002
        • 3.7.x

Gary, I think you can use % width too... not 100% sure on that, but try.
        John

Comment

• MRGTB
          • May 2005

I could have sworn I tried that obvious one first.

But I just did it anyway to double check and it works perfect with all 3 codes. And it doesn't break the template either. I just added 90% in all 3 widths on them.

I think I must have tried it before when I was using a fixed narrow width and forgot I was using a fixed width then. Anyway for anybody esle who wants to change the width of the PHP, HTML and CODE boxes to show more on fluid style.

Edit this code in all three boxes.

Code:
          width:$stylevar[codeblockwidth]; height:{$blockheight}px; overflow:auto"><div dir="ltr" style="text-align:left;">
          to this: in red

Code:
          [COLOR=red]width:90%;[/COLOR] height:{$blockheight}px; overflow:auto"><div dir="ltr" style="text-align:left;">
          Last edited by MRGTB; Sun 19 Feb '06, 4:05am.

Comment

• MRGTB
            • May 2005

I just want to update this, I was wrong - it doesn't work correct at all. It all depends what type of code you add into the box. As I found out when it totally messed up my style and went of the screen.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...