Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lifesourcerec
    • Mar 2002

Forum crashed.

Site went down. Contacted hoster and he said levels went out the roof. When he got it back going, had a database error. Fixed that and now when trying to go to the forum, I get "This page can not be displayed". When I go to the admincp page, it shows login screen, but when I log in, it gives a "The Page Cannot be displayed". Dunno what is going on.
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

Sorry but you don't give enough information to know what is/has been going on.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• lifesourcerec
      • Mar 2002

Originally posted by MarcoH64
      Sorry but you don't give enough information to know what is/has been going on.
      Well, their server was lagging while I was installing a hack, but was able to install it successfully. Then site was running slow, so I contacted hoster and he said the levels were off the roof and that he has to restart apache. Well, the site works, but the forum doesn't. Contacted them again, and he said it should be up and running, but instead of a database error (which I repaired), it won't display page for forum. When I go to admincp, it shows login screen, but when I put in my login info, it gives the This page can not be displayed. I don't get any error, just the page doesn't show up.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.8.x

For support on the installation issues during install of the hack, you will need to contact the hack author.

I don't know what your host means with 'levels where off the roof".

What error did you get after the restart, what exactly did you do to repair?

You could try getting access again by uploading tools.php from the do_not_upload directory in your vB distribution to you admincp directory. Run the options to rebuild the datastore cache.

You can also run the Repair tables, see if all tables come back with an Ok status (except cpsession & session).

Make sure to remove tools.php when you are finished.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• lifesourcerec
          • Mar 2002

Originally posted by MarcoH64
          For support on the installation issues during install of the hack, you will need to contact the hack author.

I don't know what your host means with 'levels where off the roof".

What error did you get after the restart, what exactly did you do to repair?

You could try getting access again by uploading tools.php from the do_not_upload directory in your vB distribution to you admincp directory. Run the options to rebuild the datastore cache.

You can also run the Repair tables, see if all tables come back with an Ok status (except cpsession & session).

Make sure to remove tools.php when you are finished.
          I pinpointed the hack that did it. It is the Gallery hack and I posted on the .org board. I uninstalled it before. There is the query:

"ALTER TABLE `forum` ADD `gallery` TINYINT( 4 ) NOT NULL"

When I leave it there, I get a "This Page Cannot be displayed", when I delete it, I get a "MySQL Error : Unknown column 'gallery' in 'field list'
          Error Number : 1054".

When I first click the "forum" table, I get:
          "" : Missing parameter: db (FAQ 2.8)
          : Missing parameter: table (FAQ 2.8)"

And if I click "forum" table again in phpmyadmin, it appears fine. I already tried to repair tables twice in cpanel/phpmyadmin, but it didn't do anything even after it said OK. Still get same problems.

Comment

• Simon Diamond
            • Dec 2005
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by lifesourcerec
            I pinpointed the hack that did it. It is the Gallery hack and I posted on the .org board. I uninstalled it before. There is the query:

"ALTER TABLE `forum` ADD `gallery` TINYINT( 4 ) NOT NULL"

When I leave it there, I get a "This Page Cannot be displayed", when I delete it, I get a "MySQL Error : Unknown column 'gallery' in 'field list'
            Error Number : 1054".

When I first click the "forum" table, I get:
            "" : Missing parameter: db (FAQ 2.8)
            : Missing parameter: table (FAQ 2.8)"

And if I click "forum" table again in phpmyadmin, it appears fine. I already tried to repair tables twice in cpanel/phpmyadmin, but it didn't do anything even after it said OK. Still get same problems.

This hack also killed my forum as well.

PLEASE HELP US.

Comment

• Simon Diamond
              • Dec 2005
              • 3.5.x

This is the error message I get

mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
              /usr/home/www/kynsimon/monks-diner.com/docs/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 273
              MySQL Error :
              Error Number :
              Date : Saturday, December 31st 2005 @ 09:50:55 AM
              Script : http://www.monks-diner.com/forum/install/upgrade.php
              Referrer :
              IP Address :
              Username :
              Classname : vb_database

Comment

• Simon Diamond
                • Dec 2005
                • 3.5.x

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease Heeeeeeeeeeeeelpppppp!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Please, do NOT bump your posts for at least 12 hours.

Your config.php file does not have the proper information in it, and needs to be updated.

Comment

• Simon Diamond
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 3.5.x

well Zachery. I am freaking out here.

I know the config.php file is messed up, but I dont know how.

Sorry about the bumping. I am just lost with this right now and need my forum up before 2pm today.

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

If you need urgent priority support please use the ticket system.

If you are upgrading chances are you've uploaded your config.php file over the original. We cannot tell you what details were in this file.

Comment

• Simon Diamond
                        • Dec 2005
                        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                        If you need urgent priority support please use the ticket system.

If you are upgrading chances are you've uploaded your config.php file over the original. We cannot tell you what details were in this file.
                        I am pretty sure that is what I did.....Does that mean I am screwed?

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

No, you just need to find out the original info to the best that you can.

Do you have cpanel or somthing similiar with your webhost?

Comment

• Simon Diamond
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                            No, you just need to find out the original info to the best that you can.

Do you have cpanel or somthing similiar with your webhost?
                            YEah, I have a cpanel, but dont really know where to go from there. I have asked my host for support but havent heard back from them yet.

Could me copying and pasting my config.php here help at all?

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

No, not much

Go into cpanel.
                              Click on MySQL
                              Here you will find a list of databases.
                              Assuming you only have one it will look like
                              cpanellogin_name
                              This is your database for your forum.
                              If you ahve more than one you will need to figure out which is which.

Lower you should have at least one username setup to connect to the forum. If you do not remember the password for it, or do not know it. Create a new username / password and then assign it to the database.

Now you've got the username and password for the forum.

Enter the databasename username and password into the proper areas of the config.php file

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...