X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichM
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.0.x

D-Link vs Linksys

What do you think is the better brand? D-link of Linksys? Feel free to post why.
    D-Link
    26.92%
    Linksys
    65.38%
    Don't know
    7.69%
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Stick with NetGear...
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Vile
      • Jul 2002
      • 3.6.x

Linksys > NegGear > D-Link

I actually have a router for each of the 3 brands, and have the receivers/NIC' mixed as well,with one from each.
      Webmaster / Administrator
      www.MegaGames.com
      www.MGForums.com

Comment

• dreamer81
        • May 2005
        • 3.7.x

D-Link is quality
        Linksys is cheap crap
        My site
        www.coolservice.dk

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

I prefer Linksys. It has always been plug and play. Bought a D-Link network card once and it wouldn't work in my computer. Don't know why, D-Link support doesn't know why. Windows wouldn't recognize it on my computer or theirs so it must have been some sort of hardware failure. I returned it for my money since D-Link sent me back the unworking card and didn't even replace it.

When I was working with Protection One, the developers had Netgear switches in their cubicles because we had 5 and 6 computers each. Mine would always lose connection to the network and cause lost work. It had to be reset at least 4 times a day.

All I use now is Linksys. Don't even look at other brands for networking components. My Linksys router/switch is 4 years old and still works great. Currently it fits all my needs but will most likely move to an 8 port router/switch point in the next six months. Only problem I have had with a Linksys router is the one that was powering my parent's home network. However it got fried in a lightning storm because it wasn't on a surge protector. Their fault, not mine. I currently maintain 6 SOHO networks for friends and family. All of them use Linksys products.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Meltingfire
            • Feb 2003

Have reviewed
            Netgear WGR614, WGR624 and WPN824IS and i like them all.
            D-Link 804, 604, dont like them as much, both my 804 and 604 broke after just one year of use.

Havent used Linksys but a friend of mine says that they are pretty good, even better then Netgear and D-Link. One thing that Linksys does that Netgear and D-Link doesnt is to release firmwares with _new_ features, so if you have a Linksys from 2003 you can upgrade the firmware and get support WPA for instance. Thats caring about the customer!

If you are looking for high-speed wireless, i read a review in Tomshardware, were they said that Netgear Rangemax MIMO wasnt "true" MIMO but the Linksys MIMO was. But on the other hand there was a little diffrence in speed and the Netgear had better range then the Linksys.

Im currently doing a review on Netgears RangeMax router, pc card and pci-card, so I will have some more hard facts in about a week or two
            Last edited by Meltingfire; Thu 15 Sep '05, 7:15am.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
              • Jun 2002

Correction to the Netgear MIMO, they have two products that fall under the MIMO category (at least what they branded it as).

RangeMax and this one ->http://netgear.com/products/details/WGM124.php
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• bahbah
                • Dec 2001
                • 3.8.x

Linksys every time

Comment

• filburt1
                  • Feb 2002

My old D-Link router was a piece of crap and my old D-Link access point was the worst piece of hardware and software that I have ever used. My new Linksys router is different like day and night.
                  --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                  Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                  vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Andrew111888
                    • Mar 2003

The day I buy my AirPort station my D-Link is going out a window, if that's any indication of my choice.

Comment

• Martz
                      • Apr 2001

I believe Linksys networking stuff is produced by Cisco, although I've not had the same reliability from Linksys equipment. I still vote them over d-link though.
                      HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
                      -
                      Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...